The best company for you is the company that best matches your goals
How can you determine which company best matches your goals?
The answer: ask questions!
Do not just pick the cheapest company.
Find out if a property management company can effectively cater your needs by asking questions like:
- What is the average rent range that you manage? Are they managing homes similar to yours?
- What is your average number of days on market when your properties are vacant?
- How do you lease your properties?
- How do you market the property? Are they taking professional pictures and shooting a video tour? What websites will the listing be published on?
- Are you a full-service realty and brokerage, or do you sub out to other agents?
- What are the vacancy rates? If it is high you may want to know why.
- What is the eviction rate? In our experience low eviction rates are directly correlated with picking good tenants. A lot of problems down the road can be avoided just by having a thoroughly screened tenant in place, so how they screen tenants is important.
- What is the cost for the make-ready process?
- Do you use licensed and insured vendors? If they are using a cheap unlicensed vendor and something happens – you can get sued for the bad work done. So these are things you want to be careful about.
- How do tenants pay rent? Online? Bank transfer? Office? Having more options is better.
- On what days do you pay the rent? Is that going to work with when you mortgage payment is due?
- What kind of reports do I get?
Then ask yourself, “Does this company match my goals? Can my partnership with them get me the right return on my investments?”
As your partner, Empire Industries does a portfolio analysis to make sure that your properties are doing well and performing at the proper return. Our 20-point screening process helps us pick the right tenant for you. We also do pet screening to ensure the pet in your home. Our stats and numbers can be found on the Empire by the Numbers page.
If you are looking for a property manager, give us a call. We would love to sit down with you and discuss if we are the right fit for your goals. If not, we will help find you someone that is. Give us a call at 214-499-9813 to schedule an appointment and take a look around our website that is full of information about our award winning property management services.